Wednesday, February 23, 2011

milk procto-colitis

...is the milk allergy Bentley has.

Yesterday we went to the allergist to get some answers.
Dr. Elisa Lange was awesome and basically confirmed my diagnosis.
She did a skin allergy test on Bentley and he did great. A few tears but that's all.
He tested positive for milk and negative for soy.
Which means we can move forward on soy milk.

Apparently it is very common for babies to get a dairy allergy before 12 months. And 98% of babies grow out of it by a year. But of course there is that 2% where Bentley falls under. It makes me sad because she said more than likely he was born with this allergy and I didn't know it. I'm just glad it is under control now. This just means there is alot of label reading for me. She sent me home with reading material and how to get familiar with this allergy. This looks like something we are going to have to fight thru for the next few years.

Bentley is such a trooper. He is so strong and I'm so proud of him.
He is going to learn to love Soy foods and I am too!

No comments:

Post a Comment