Friday, February 18, 2011

"Ma-ma, Ma-ma, Ma-ma"

Since the little guy turned ONE I turned his car seat around.
He is forward facing now and loooovvvveeeessss it.
Our first outing he yelled "Ma-ma, Ma-Ma, Ma-Ma" the whole time until I turned around.
I must say it is more fun watching him in the car.

We had our 12 month check-up last week and it was a bitter sweet moment.
He was weighed on the big kid scale (standing up).
Bentley is 25.8 lbs (85th percentile) and 32 1/2 inches long (98th percentile)
Ryan says we have a future longhorn football player in our family. :)
Dr. Neely said he looked great and passed developmentally with flying colors.
The shots are the worst part of course. He got a blood test and three shots.
He cried all the way home... and I cried with him.

Since whole milk is the next stage I was given the ok to reintroduce him to dairy.
Supposedly at 12 months most babies grow out of the dairy allergy.
So basically the only way you know if babies still have it is to try it.
That was a mistake. Bentley had an allergic reaction to it.
He broke out in hives and passed bloody stoles. It was a lot of fun...let me tell you.
We are back on Soy and headed to an allergist next week to find out more details.
I'm SOOO over dairy! I hate it! It is not a food in our house we like.

Besides the dairy thing we sure are glad to have a little toddler around our house. It's so much fun! He keeps me busy and on my toes all the time. I'm not sure if it is a boy thing but he is into everything. He isn't scared of much and nothing is off limits to him. :)

Hope you have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment