Wednesday, October 20, 2010

on the move

8 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days...

He finally got over the viral infection last week.
That took awhile to recover but he is all well now.
Tooth #6 arrived recently.
I feel like a new tooth comes in every week.
He has three on top and three on bottom.
We haven't tried finger foods yet but I'm feeling that will be the next new thing.

We are in the "mobile" stage now.
About a month ago I bought a walker and it's his new favorite thing.
It took some time to get used to but the past couple of weeks he has taken off.
His feet can't move fast enough.
We have to barricade the stairs into the den or else it could be bad.
Now I understand when mom's say you can't turn your head for a minute.
I was unloading the dishwasher a few days ago and a second later i turned around and found Bentley walking down the hall into the guest bedroom where all his old toys are stored.

He isn't crawling yet and not showing much interest but if he sees something he wants he'll just roll across the rug until he gets it. so funny!

Bentley has been a great sleeper since 6 weeks (12 hour nights). Since he has been more mobile he will wake himself up in the middle of the night cornered face down or stuck laying vertical across the crib not able to move. Thankfully after re-adjusting him he is able to go right back to sleep. I guess Ryan and I have been spoiled with our sleeping baby. :)

I blogged awhile ago that his first word was "da-da".
Since then he has started "na-na". Too bad neither of the grandmas are going by that.
The most exciting news of all is that he has started saying "ma-ma". Of course it was while Ryan was changing his diaper and I wasn't there. But I've heard him say it since. It's usually followed by "da-da". He is little talker or I would say screamer.

Here are some pics of the joy of my life.




2 comments:

  1. cutie pie!

    eleanor started saying dada today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY exciting! can't wait to get together with you guys soon. Geez Bentley- you're growing too fast!!

    ReplyDelete