Monday, April 19, 2010

Keep on Movin...

Today is a sad day for me.
I had to say my good-byes to Southwest Airlines.
Yep, I offically resigned to be a stay at home mommy.
I'm actually crying writing this because this is a very hard transition for me.
It's not everyday when you are blessed to get your dream job right out of college and love the people and company you work for. Southwest Airlines is everything you hear about and more. It's the best company to work for and the most fun. The past four years have been a blessing but I feel this change is the best thing for our family.

I've worked over half of my life. I started working at age 13 and there hasn't been many days gone by where I didn't get up to go into work. I'll never forget the first day I started working. I was in my backyard jumping on my trampoline with 3 friends when I got a call from our neighborhood golf course saying they needed a girl to come in and work the beverage cart. That day was the first day of many days at the golf course.

I try to think of this as a career change. As I was gettting ready this morning there were alot of tears being shed. As I was leaving the house Bentley gave me this big smile and it made it all worth while. I feel blessed that I have a husband that is a great provider so I have the opportunity to stay home. God is good!

When I went in this morning to give my notice I was so thankful everyone was so supportive and happy for me. Many hugs to Southwest Airlines. The best airline to fly!

This is what I get to look at everyday from now on. Much better than a computer screen! ;)


2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I am soooooo happy for you. And that is great you are welcome back anytime. That must feel awesome. I cant wait to catch up...you sound great. I am coming into dallas this weekend for a drs appt. Its on saturday...so I will call you on my way in to town. Maybe one of the days we can catch up. Loveyou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happened to me many, many moons ago when Shanette was a baby....hard yes....but you will never regret it! Bentley is a cutie-pie!
    Much Love, Millie

    ReplyDelete